1. Personal InformationPersonal information is any information that you provide to us that identifies you or would enable someone to contact you. This includes but is not limited to:
- Your name
- Your physical address
- Company name
- Email address
- Phone number
- RSS Feeds
2. How We Collect Your InformationWe collect information that you provide to us through our websites, including but not limited to: a) personal information described in section 1 of this policy, and b) activity on our website when visiting. When you visit the Teekay website, some information may be collected automatically by the software that operates our website (i.e. the site from which you linked, your Internet Service Provider, the time and date of your visit). This information is used by our technical engineers to compile aggregate statistics about the total number of daily visitors to our site, the pages most frequently visited, and how long people stay at each page. None of the information that we report allows for the personal identification of individuals.
3. How We Use Your InformationWhere we have an existing relationship with you or you have otherwise consented to do so, we may use your personal information to contact you by phone, electronic messages including but not limited to email, and social media messages to:
- Provide you with information you have requested from us
- To share industry news and information with you
- To gather information from you to improve our services
- To communicate with you in general.
4. Information We Collect by Automated MeansWhen you visit and interact with our websites and applications, we may collect other information that does not inherently reveal your specific identity, in order to learn how to best tailor our websites for our visitors. Examples of what other information we may collect and how we and third-party service providers may collect this information include:
- Cookies – A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit certain websites. It is stored in your browser while the website is being viewed. For more information on cookies, Teekay invites you to visit the following link: allaboutcookies.org. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the online services, pages visited, referring URL, and other aggregated website traffic data. We and our service providers use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to collect statistical information, and to personalize your experience while online.
- Browser and Device Information – Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your computer type, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the online services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the online services function properly.
- IP Address – Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the online services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering our online services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address to understand from what regions of the world our website visitors come.
5. Anti-Spam Policy
- We will only ever send you permission-based email.
- You may choose to opt-out of our mailing list at any time.
- By checking the opt-in box when signing up for a service or emailing us you agree to be contacted by us for the purposes described in this policy above.
- All emails sent to you will include:
- The option to opt-in to receive communication for the purposes described in this policy;
- The option to unsubscribe from receiving future electronic communication from us; and a link to this privacy and anti-spam policy
- Electronic communications you receive from us will include the name and address of the sender as well as on whose behalf the email is being sent.
- Electronic communications you receive from us will include a descriptive subject line consistent with the reason you are being contacted.
6. Choice/Opt-OutAt any point in time you may opt out from receiving future communications from us by:
- Clicking the link at the bottom of our communication indicating your desire to “opt-out” or “unsubscribe,” or;
- By sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org together with the Teekay email address or phone number from where you received the communication and specifying that you would like to unsubscribe from future communications.