Teekay Corporation, Teekay Tankers Ltd., and their subsidiaries (collectively “Teekay”) respect your right to privacy. This policy will outline how your personal information is collected and used and details our anti-spam commitments. By providing us with your personal information and “opting-in” to receive information from Teekay, you consent to the policy and use of information outlined herein.
1. Personal Information
Personal information is any information that you provide to us that identifies you or would enable someone to contact you. This includes but is not limited to:
- Your name
- Your physical address
- Company name
- Email address
- Phone number
- RSS Feeds
2. How We Collect Your Information
We collect information that you provide to us through our websites, including but not limited to:
a) personal information described in section 1 of this policy, and b) activity on our website when visiting. When you visit the Teekay website, some information may be collected automatically by the software that operates our website (i.e. the site from which you linked, your Internet Service Provider, the time and date of your visit). This information is used by our technical engineers to compile aggregate statistics about the total number of daily visitors to our site, the pages most frequently visited, and how long people stay at each page. None of the information that we report allows for the personal identification of individuals.
3. How We Use Your Information
Where we have an existing relationship with you or you have otherwise consented to do so, we may use your personal information to contact you by phone, electronic messages including but not limited to email, and social media messages to:
- Provide you with information you have requested from us
- To share industry news and information with you
- To gather information from you to improve our services
- To communicate with you in general.
4. Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit and interact with our websites and applications, we may collect other information that does not inherently reveal your specific identity, in order to learn how to best tailor our websites for our visitors. Examples of what other information we may collect and how we and third-party service providers may collect this information include:
Teekay Cookies Policy
Our websites www.teekay.com, www.lifeatteekay.com, www.tankerservices.teekay.com, (each a “Website” or together “Websites”) may use technology called “cookies” to collect information about the use of the Websites. The purpose of this cookies policy (the “Cookies Policy”) is to provide you clear and specific information on the cookies that are used on our Websites.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit certain websites. It is stored in your browser while the website is being viewed. For more information on cookies, Teekay invites you to visit the following link: allaboutcookies.org.
Use of Google Analytics
Across our Websites, we may deploy Google Analytics tools, including cookies. Google Analytics provides reports to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Further, we may deploy, from time-to-time, on certain pages of our Websites, Google Analytics Advertising Features such as “Adwords” for conversion and remarketing purposes. Third-party vendors, including Google L.L.C, use first-party cookies (Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on past visits to our Websites.
Should you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics web tracking tools, please visit the currently available opt-outs. Should you wish to change the settings for how Google uses its remarketing tools, you can do so on Google’s .
If, however, you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Websites.
Information collected by Google and information provided to Teekay
Google Analytics tracks the web traffic from visitors to a website (including times of visit, whether the visitor has previously visited the website, which website has referred the visitor to the website concerned, IP address, etc.).
Google Analytics does not provide Teekay with information regarding the actual IP address of the visitor. It only provides statistical information concerning visits to the websites (browser type, time spent on the Website, pages visited, referring URL, and other aggregated website traffic data).
We and our service providers may use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to collect statistical information, to personalize your experience while online and analyze your browsing habits on the Website.
Objective of Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics tool which allows website owners to analyse their visitors’ degree of interaction. Users of Google Analytics are able to consult various reports describing how visitors interact with their site with the aim of enhancing its performance. Google Analytics collects information anonymously, providing information on usage trends for the site without identifying visitors’ personal data.
Google Analytics is regulated by Google’s general terms of service accessible at http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html and by Google’s privacy policies available at http://www.google.com/intl/us/policies/privacy/ and http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
Cookies Policy does not cover third party websites
Please note that this Cookies Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of third-party websites which may be linked to or accessible through our Websites.
Changes to the Cookies Policy
We may update this Cookies Policy and we would encourage you to review the policy from time to time to stay informed of how we are using cookies. This Cookies Policy was last updated in November 2018.
- Browser and Device Information – Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your computer type, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the online services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the online services function properly.
- IP Address – Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the online services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering our online services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address to understand from what regions of the world our website visitors come.
5. Anti-Spam Policy
- We will only ever send you permission-based email.
- You may choose to opt-out of our mailing list at any time.
- By checking the opt-in box when signing up for a service or emailing us you agree to be contacted by us for the purposes described in this policy above.
- All emails sent to you will include:
- The option to opt-in to receive communication for the purposes described in this policy;
- The option to unsubscribe from receiving future electronic communication from us; and a link to this privacy and anti-spam policy
- Electronic communications you receive from us will include the name and address of the sender as well as on whose behalf the email is being sent.
- Electronic communications you receive from us will include a descriptive subject line consistent with the reason you are being contacted.
At any point in time you may opt out from receiving future communications from us by:
- Clicking the link at the bottom of our communication indicating your desire to “opt-out” or “unsubscribe,” or;
- By sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org together with the Teekay email address or phone number from where you received the communication and specifying that you would like to unsubscribe from future communications.
7. Sharing of Information
We will never share, rent or sell your personal information to third parties except as may be permitted or required by law.
8. Security and Privacy
We employ reasonable safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information. Despite the measures Teekay has implemented, data transmitted over the internet is not guaranteed to be secure. Teekay does not guarantee, warrant or represent that the personal information you provide will be transmitted securely, or protected completely against interception, loss, misuse or alteration. Teekay accepts no responsibility or liability for any damages that may result where personal information submitted by you, has not been securely transmitted, has been intercepted, lost, misused or altered.
9. Third-Party Links
Some of the links on our website direct you to third party websites. However we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party websites.
If you have a question, complaint or other inquiry concerning the use of your personal information or this policy please direct your inquiry to Teekay by sending an email to email@example.com.
For more details, please also read our updated Global Privacy Notice or, if you are applying for a job with Teekay, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice, to find out more about what personal information we will collect about you, and what we will do with it.