In 2015, Teekay LNG Partners (TGP) entered into a joint venture partnership with The Oil and Gas Holding Company B.S.C. (Closed) (nogaholding) of Bahrain, Gulf Investment Corporation (GIC) and Samsung Construction and Trading (SCT) to form a company called Bahrain LNG (BLNG).
The new venture has been contracted to deliver an LNG import terminal in Bahrain to the National Oil and Gas Authority ( NOGA ), with a commercial start date in 2019, on a 20-year contract.
The Bahrain LNG terminal layout comprises:
- an offshore dual jetty and regasification module which is protected by a breakwater;
- a subsea pipeline to shore and onshore infrastructure to allow the gas to be delivered to the onshore delivery point; and
- the ‘Bahrain Spirit’ Floating Storage Unit (FSU), a DSME newbuilding, owned and managed by Teekay LNG Partners on a long-term charter.
The engineering phase of the project was executed by the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor GS Engineering and Construction (GS) of South Korea and Construction works is nearing completion.
Some of the major milestones achieved in 2018 included:
- Transportation and installation of the offshore platform jacket, built in South Korea;
- Transportation and installation of the Regasification Platform, built in Thailand;
- Delivery of the FSU, from Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) in South Korea.
- Completion of the 4.5km offshore Natural Gas Pipeline between the offshore project site and the onshore terminal;
- Completion of the 3.0km onshore Natural Gas Pipeline from the onshore terminal to the gas deliver point.
The Bahrain LNG project has its own website, with regular project updates: www.BahrainLNG.com
Teekay is also involved in LNG Terminal management. For more information about this service, click here.