Returning LNG to its gaseous state.
We entered the FSRU market, in 2010, through the 50% acquisition of the Excelsior.
Our experience in LNG operations, LNG ship-to-ship transfers, offshore terminal operations, mooring, risers and subsea, floating production and gas handling, and risk management, provide us many of the necessary tools to excel in this market.
We are currently targeting both conversion and new build projects.
Floating regasification allows prospective importers to gain fast and relatively cost efficient access to global LNG supply. Its advantages include:
- Ability to fast track regasification access for new LNG importers
- Lower upfront capital investment compared to onshore facilities
- Can be relocated if demand is short-term and / or seasonal
- Allows customers in new markets to gain confidence in LNG
- Good solution for when availability of land is limited